doors are back together , window tracks greased and working smoooooth
added some new door seals on all 3 doors ....
and .. also front seats are done ... added some new foam , as Zack was saying they weren't comfortable anymore . Zack has the roof off quite a bit , so he wanted a product that would work in the out door environment .. the main "fabric" is rated @ 400,000 rubs , and the vinyl is 200,000 .. so should be wear really well and last a long time .
also went to try the rear window with the key , and dag namit ! it didn't work , so I tore it all a part again . on initial inspection , I noticed the ground wiring was not in great shape
somebody , some where down the line ? .. used a test light on the wires . a lot of the wires had "pin" holes .and The wires we're very badly deteriorated , so I ended up splicing NEW wire and re looming
new back up bulbs , cleaned the lenses , and lubed the lock
I don't remember if the window was working or not when I got it , I think it was ? but the stress of gate removal was maybe what did it in .. in any case .. it works perfect now !!
Wow you never sease to amaze me in the quality of work you do, no wonder why your shop is so booked up, not too many places would go the extra mile you do on everybodys trucks. This 4 runner looks amazing
so .. a little incite on the panel builds .. Zack asked for a " water resistant " solution to the deteriorated and warped cardboard backed interior panels , so as you saw in the previous pictures I made some FRP backings .. as well as the rear panels I already make , the interior has begun ..
so started first with the rear panels .. covered in foam , and then "stitched" new covers ..
I guarantee these new backings will NEVER warp or rot
calm down now ... ... I have just a couple more pics to satisfy I hope . Zack is coming on the 24th , so yes , I am done now , and waiting
but here are a few
new door panels
and stripes .. cant show the "final" product , but will post these . Zack bought these from james dean creations , and brought them with him when he dropped the truck off . because of the flared and round fenders , we couldn't use the whole kit , in fact , it was a bit of a challenge to fit , but we did it .. I wish we could have done our stripes .
my pro stripe guy Wayne doing the install
as you can see , they would be great for a stock unit , but this is now far from stock , so we did have to modify