and installed so i moved on to the front diff. The PO had welded a patch over a hole/dent in the housing, ran it into something and pushed the housing into the ring gear which ate it's way through. I guess it now had clearance so it was just covered over.
Ground off the plate and cleaned up the area so i can add armor later. Installed the third, axles, cut down backing plates, new rotors and larger 4Runner calipers.
I broke one of the Warn hubs removing it, wasn't going to use it anyways but now i have to find a pair of hubs to fit.
This Cruiser has the longer axle & hub and i don't have a pair that fit but i found that the drive flanges off the 80 series fit and will do the job for now.
Transmission and Transfercase are back in, found some Asin hubs from a FJ55 to fit the longer birf/axles of the 40 series. Son and i also pulled off the old fenders and bib, steps (which will be replaced with sliders) flares, and tire carrier. to do some body work. Sprayed the undersides of the fenders and hood with panel guard. Rear diff now has 4:11 gears and a Spartan locker, new axle bearings and seals.
Picked up a Metal-Tech ''Family cage'' kit and a pair of their tube doors to keep things moving. I have more time now to do things the way i want to, our son took a position at a summer camp that our daughter is already at. The cage was planed for but i am stepping it up some.