prepping the inner rockers for the new body mounts .. I of course found rust .. so now I have to fix that first .. I was really surprised , this cab was in awesome shape no rust at all , or so I thought .. just goes to show you , even if you think you have no rust .. you probabally do !!
also got the drivers side cleand and prepped this weekend
and .. drivers side has rust as well
I think to be safe , i'm going to cut it all out .. front and back rocker area , and strengthin both sides before I build the body mounts and just for some giggles .. heres the pile of removed edging and ground steel ..
thanks Paul .. this cab was/is PERFECT .. or so I though untill I started cutting into it .. there was NO rust on this cab what so ever to the naked eye .. just goes to show ya .. there is ALWAYS rust on a 30 ish year old truck !!
so over the last week , I have been building my repair panels and today I was able to get them burnt in , rears as well
now with the rockers repaired , I was able to get the cab height finalized 9" from the rockers to the Ground . + I also started on the cab mounts Because there are only going to be 4 mounts instead of 6 , I wanted to make sure there were going to be strong . cut out some 3/16" plate and surrounded it with some tube
Tacked into place I will add some more supports later , when I turn the frame over .
1 more front frame mount tomorrow , then I can get on the front cab mount