so after weeks of searching .. I finally found my slider of choice ..
89-95 extra cab , had the pieces that I think will cure the leaky window problem
got it today and started tearing it down to get the pieces I wanted
and rubber wipers (original on the left)
Corey for the rubber wiper that comes from the 89-95 ext window, did you reuse the original rubber seal on it or did you have to find a different rubber seal to make it work, like in the picture above? almost got these windows figured out. Thanks
When you say felt do yup mean pile weather stripping correct like what you sent me? My gap between the main big window and the little slider window is huge so I thought rubber seal might actually seal better. The gap between the little window and and the inside wiper is huge also but I seen how you fixed that by cuttimg the original section down with you bandsaw.
One other thing, so i worked on my windows for a couple hours last night and started noticing, when these windows are installed on the trekker they are at an incline towards the trucks. Now they do have the slots for the water to come out but the window is on such an incline i don't see how the water would weep out of these holes instead of just filling up in the channel and over filling into the truck. And especially with me missing all the little plastic clips for the drains on the outside of the windows all i see is water filling up into the holes and then into the window channels then over fill into the truck unless your driving it and turning corners would make the water move around enough maybe to come back out the holes. They would work great if they actually installed straight up and down but at an angle this just looks like a bad design? Maybe im missing something here?
kevin , re reading my thread , I think I did use the weather strip , combined with that "pile" stripping I sent you . I also "sectioned" the center piece ends , so it fits better down on the frame . truck is parked now , so I cant even go look .. easily anyway , it's easily an hour commitment . and I'm sorry , I just don't remember anymore .
Lol that's why I was questions wHeather you reused it. I might bring my window to this place I found, if they don't have the proper we leather stripping then it doesn't exist is what I was told. No prob they should be able to help me.
Do you remember if you cut holes in the rubber channel for the vents?
Last Edit: Dec 7, 2016 17:36:39 GMT -8 by 83trekker
I'm beginning this repair as well and curious where / from what did you source the channels for the slider to rest in? Hard to tell now with the photos removed but it sounds like you went with rubber channels instead of felt? Would using that channel still allow the original wiper seal to line up correctly? Also curious where you found the drain "plugs" that go on the outside of the window. Thanks for the help and I'm anxious to finally get going again!
all the pics are up on my toyotafibereglass on facebook .. there in the Trekker picture album if you want to have a look .. I just havnt had any time to restore these threads . I used a rubber U channel I found , and I replaced the center bar for the slider to fit better . I found all new seals and wipers , there all pictured in the album .
I dont , I got mine from a "rubber manufacture supplier" lots of motorhomes and campers built at that place , maybe try a camper parts store .. I have seen them on ebay . I had the caps for many years .. I have 1 set left I think , but also have 1 set of windows left ..